Sunday, March 28, 2010

Flaming Basketball!

I had a FUN and sort of funny shoot with my son this weekend. Traveling basketball ended a few weeks ago and he wanted me to take some fun shots in his #1 jersey. So I put it in his head that we would try something "different" if he was down for it. It was going to be a flaming basketball shot! He smiled! But first, we needed "buy in" from dad because he would have to assist and not call me insane. Well, as the three of us talked about how to pull this off, Mya and Mario were very interested in how this was going to turn out and wasn't going to miss this. So I set everything up and did a few test shots. I decided I wanted to go with a little bit of drama in my lighting set up. After we played around and warmed up, it was time for the money shot as some would say. Mya had a bottle filled with water, D was ready and holding the basketball, I was ready to fire off a few shots, and Mario was a talking machine but stayed out of the way. Dominique prepared the basketball for flames. "Get ready...I'm lighting it now..." Dominique said, and OMGoodness, the flame was so high Mario gasped loudly and Mya said "Oh my", but D stayed cool and calm! We put that one out and went at it a second time and this is what we came up with!

Whew! The house is safe and D loves his cool flaming basketball shot and the ones that show off his muscles! LOL! He asked his dad if he was jealous! Hilarious kid!!!!


































4 comments:

Nate Carlson said...

NICE!

Was the basketball destroyed? :)

Becky E said...

Very nice Mona! What a handsome young man!
BTW-I don't think you were insane.

Kristen Drufke said...

Wow! This shots are Awesome!

A. J. Lewis said...

Hi, I was wondering what you used to set the basketball on fire but keep it in control.

Post a Comment

 

Creative Touch Photography Blog - Twin Cities Wedding Photographer+Portrait Photographer